Services We Offer
Veneta Veterinary Hospital provides complete medical, surgical and dental care for our patients, including cats, dogs, rabbits, pocket pets, and the occasional avian and reptile. Our clients know that when their pet has a problem, we will make sure they are seen that day.
We also understand there are times when someone would like a second opinion on their pet’s condition before undergoing a procedure. We are happy to provide a consultation (and estimate) at no charge in this situation to make sure you feel comfortable you’re making the right decision, whether that procedure happens at our facility or your regular veterinarian.
Our in-house laboratory testing (CBC, chemistry, thyroid, blood clotting), radiography, and ultrasound allow us to make the diagnosis quickly and start treatment, usually the same day.
Routine procedures, such as spays, neuters and dental cleanings, may be scheduled Monday through Friday. If needed, they can also be scheduled last minute to accommodate those ‘hard to catch’ patients.
Additional Services We Provide:
- Puppy/Kitten Packages that cover all the routine vaccinations, dewormings and more during their first 6 months.
- Comprehensive wellness exams for adult pets during which we discuss appropriate vaccination options and parasite control.
- Soft Tissue Surgery: Tumor Removal, Splenectomy, Gastropexy (Prophylactic in large breeds), Intestinal Foreign Body Removal, Lacerations, Ear Canal Surgery, Stenotic Nares Correction, Mastectomy, Bladder Stone Removal (Cystotomy), Perineal Urethrostomy, Amputations, Stem Cell Therapy, and more.
- Orthopedic Surgery: Cranial Cruciate (ACL) Repair using TPLO and Extracapsular Techniques, Fracture Repair, Femoral Head and Neck Excision (FHO), Developmental Bone Disease, Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD), Ununited Anconeal Process.
- Dental: Cleaning, Extractions, Periodontal Treatment.
- Endocrine Disease Management: Diabetes, Hypo- and Hyperthyroidism, Cushing’s Disease, Addison’s Disease.
- Ophthalmology: Glaucoma Screening, ‘Cherry Eye’ and Entropion Correction, Tear Duct Flushing, Enucleation.
- Canine Reproduction: Consultation, AI, Pregnancy Screening, Labor and Delivery incl C-Sections, Genetic Screening, OFA Certification.
- There are many more procedures and diagnostics that we perform regularly, so don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.
Our duty is to help you care for your pets. We emphasize timely diagnosis and treatment, and we are happy to discuss the costs of care and payment options at any point, so please don’t hesitate to ask.
We understand that medical emergencies can be an unexpected financial burden. Our standard policy is to collect payment at the time of services. However, for our established clients, we extend the courtesy of using a monthly payment plan with 1/3 down for emergency expenses. We are able to estimate costs for certain routine procedures over the phone, but we hope you’ll understand that non-routine surgeries are very difficult to estimate without an exam by one of our doctors.